There is a lot of talk these days about wellness---but what IS ‘wellness’? Some would describe it as being healthy—but what is ‘healthy’? Is it absence of disease? That’s certainly a part of wellness—but you can have an active disease without being aware of it and still feel healthy. So it must be more than that.
Let’s consider the following ideas:
- Wellness is a balanced state of mind, body and spirit
- Wellness is not just being free of disease-it’s about preventing disease
- Wellness encompasses everything that we do-awake and asleep
- Wellness is a personal philosophy-a way of life
- Wellness is easier to achieve than you might think - you just need a plan and help in reaching your goals
To develop your Personal Wellness Plan, you will need to consider the above ideas and then identify your goals, strengths, weaknesses and current information and resources which are available as they relate to these concepts of ‘wellness’. What most people end up discovering is:
- They are good in some aspects of wellness but they constantly struggle in others
- Gathering wellness information is easy-knowing what to believe is not
- Putting it ‘all together’ is almost impossible without help
- The current health care system is focused on disease-not wellness-so is not much help
- Most mind-spirit Wellness programs offer no science based treatments
- Most science based programs are focused on hormone treatments and ‘anti-aging’ but minimize the vital mind-spirit connection to wellness
So—is there any place to go that does not push hormones but IS science based AND offers a total mind-body-spirit approach to Personal Wellness?
Welcome to The Paragon Practice!
The Paragon Practice was founded by Robert Brown MD FACEP to fill the need for a truly personal approach to total Wellness. Dr. Brown is a highly regarded physician practicing in the Dallas area for over 30 years. Also, for the last 20 years, he has lectured, consulted and studied in China focusing on both Western and Eastern Medicine. The Paragon Practice brings these two philosophies of Medicine together and focuses them on Personal Wellness. Dr. Brown integrates the mind-body-spirit disease prevention of Eastern Medicine’s acupuncture and herbs with Western Medicine’s cutting edge laboratory testing and science based nutritional supplementation. By limiting the size of his practice, Dr. Brown is able to see his patients multiple times during the year and spend all the time needed to develop long lasting doctor-patient relationships. The Paragon Practice puts all this together in an individualized way to help you develop, implement and achieve your Personal Wellness Plan goals. At its heart, The Paragon Practice is an ultra-modern medical practice grounded in the old fashioned principles of ethics, caring and mutual respect.
For more information about how The Paragon Practice can help you achieve your Personal Wellness goals, go to www.theparagonpractice.com. Dr. Brown can be reached at 214-965-0411 or